Burlington County, NJ Real Estate
Burlington County is the largest county in the state of New Jersey and its county seat is Mount Holly. Burlington County is part of the Delaware Valley area, located east of the Delaware River. However, the county stretches across the state, and its southeast corner reaches tidal estuaries leading to the southern New Jersey’s Great Bay, which separates the county from the Atlantic Ocean.
Burlington County has some of the best education in the state of New Jersey. There are 149 public schools in Burlington County, New Jersey, serving 67,548 students. There are 66 private schools in Burlington County, New Jersey, serving 7,905 students. Burlington County is home many higher education institutions, including:
- Rowan College at Burlington County
- BCC Institute for Professional Development
- Wilmington University
- Burlington County College
- Drexel University at Burlington County College
- Lincoln Technical Institute
Burlington County is known for its fast pace and is constantly increasing in population. As of the 2013 census, there were 450,838 people. People are drawn to the area for job opportunities, the diverse real estate market and safe streets.
There are a number of health facilities in Burlington County.
- John F. Kennedy Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- University Medical Center
- St. Peter’s University Hospital
- Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County
- Virtua Memorial Hospital
- Aspen Hills Healthcare Center
- Virtua Voorhees
- Deborah Heart and Lung Center
- Kennedy University Hospital Emergency
- Cooper University Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center
There are major roads and highways that pass through Burlington County. The New Jersey Turnpike, as well as other major roads cover the area. There is also public transportation available and the New Jersey Transit operates services into the Philadelphia area. Academy Bus operates to and from New York City.