South Amboy Homes & Real Estate
Welcome to your local South Amboy homes for sale & Middlesex County real estate resource. South Amboy is a small coastal town with a population of 8,810 people and contains mostly single-family detached homes with an average price of $260,942. For additional information on properties for sale in South Amboy, NJ or to schedule a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about South Amboy real estate.
Homes For Sale in South Amboy NJ
See All Real Estate Listings in South Amboy
See TODAY's New Listings, search by beds/baths, home or lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
- South Amboy 55+ / Adult Community Homes
- South Amboy Commercial Properties
- South Amboy Condos & Townhomes
- South Amboy Foreclosed Homes
- South Amboy Historic Homes
- South Amboy Luxury Homes
- South Amboy Multi-Family Homes
- South Amboy New Construction Homes
- South Amboy Rental Properties
- South Amboy Single Family Homes
- South Amboy Vacant Land & Lots
Buy and sell homes in South Amboy by seeking out The Dekanski Home Selling Team! Our community of New Jersey real estate agents are ready to guide you through the South Amboy housing market. Call us at (800) 691-0485!
South Amboy Real Estate Market
South Amboy is a small coastal town located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. It has a population of 8,810 people and 5 distinct neighborhoods, which include areas such as Route 9, Bordentown Ave, Laurence Harbor, and Westminster Blvd. South Amboy is the 228th largest community in New Jersey, and housing prices are an average of $260,942.
South Amboy borders Raritan Bay to the east, along with Perth Amboy. The community is a 20-minute drive from Staten Island.
South Amboy Home Prices
Roughly 46% of homes in South Amboy are single-family detached homes. Another 20% of the homes are small apartment buildings, and only 12% of the homes in South Amboy are townhomes. The majority of neighborhood home prices range from $205,000-$307,000 — the median home price is $260,942.
Most of the housing in South Amboy, New Jersey was built between 1940 and 1969 — in fact, over 50% of the homes were constructed in this era. Roughly 30% of the homes were built before 1939, and 9% of the homes were built between 2000 and present.
The majority of homes in the area have 3-4 bedrooms (53%), and 43% of the homes have 0-2 bedrooms. Homes within the median price range in South Amboy are typically homes with 3-4 bedrooms and 1-2 baths. These homes may or may not contain modern updates. However, if buyers want to add their own personal touch to an older home in South Amboy, there are plenty of housing opportunities to choose from.
South Amboy Utility Information
- Water & Sewer: 1-800-549-3802
- Electricity: 732-494-0094
- Gas: 732-826-1071
- Internet, Phone & Cable Television: 1-800-934-6489
- Waste Collection: 732-721-8100
South Amboy City & Public Services
- Administrative Offices: 732-525-5932
- Animal Control: 732-855-0600 x5007
- City Hall: 732-727-4600
- Codes Administration: 732-525-5927
- Economic and Community Development: 732-745-4379 (county)
- Emergency Management Office: 732-588-5830
- Finance Department: 732-525-5923
- Fire Department: 732-727-4600
- Mayor's Office: 732-525-5932
- Police Department: 911 or Phone: 732-721-0111
- Parks and Recreation: 732-316-8212
- Library: 732-721-6060
South Amboy School Information
- South Amboy School District: 732-316-7668
South Amboy School District serves the area, and includes 2 total schools, South Amboy Elementary and South Amboy Middle/High School. There are 1,152 students enrolled in the district.
South Amboy Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in South Amboy? Allow our New Jersey real estate professionals to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your South Amboy house. As local real estate agents, we're well-versed on the unique dynamics of the South Amboy real estate market.
Contact The Dekanski Home Selling Team to learn more about buyer and seller representation for South Amboy properties. Selling your South Amboy residence? Visit our comparative market analysis page to receive a free home evaluation within minutes.
Search Homes For Sale in South Amboy NJ
Back to Middlesex County Real Estate