South Plainfield Homes & Real Estate
Find up-to-date South Plainfield homes for sale & Middlesex County real estate in zip code 07080 below! South Plainfield is a medium-size township with a population of 23,784 people and contains mostly single-family detached homes with an average price of $331,874. Searching for further information on properties for sale in South Plainfield, NJ? Arrange for a private home tour by contacting your local real estate experts today. Read more about South Plainfield real estate.
Homes For Sale in South Plainfield NJ
See All Real Estate Listings in South Plainfield
See TODAY's New Listings, search by beds/baths, home or lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
- South Plainfield Commercial Properties
- South Plainfield Condos & Townhomes
- South Plainfield Foreclosed Homes
- South Plainfield Historic Homes
- South Plainfield Homes with Gas Fireplace
- South Plainfield Luxury Homes
- South Plainfield Multi-Family Homes
- South Plainfield New Construction Homes
- South Plainfield Rental Properties
- South Plainfield Single Family Homes
- South Plainfield Vacant Land & Lots
Looking to buy or sell a home in South Plainfield? Call The Dekanski Home Selling Team, your local real estate team, at (800) 691-0485. Our New Jersey real estate agents are here to help with the South Plainfield housing market.
South Plainfield Real Estate Market
South Plainfield is a medium-sized borough located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. It has a population of 23,784 people and has 6 distinct neighborhoods, including Park Ave, Samptown, Oak Tree Ave, and Franklin Ave. South Plainfield is the 82nd largest community in New Jersey, and housing prices are an average of $331,874.
South Plainfield Township borders North Plainfield to the north, along with Edison to the south. The community is a 30-minute drive from Staten Island.
South Plainfield Home Prices
Roughly 88% of homes in South Plainfield are single-family detached homes. Another 1% of the homes are townhomes, and 5% of the homes in South Plainfield are small apartment buildings. The majority of neighborhood home prices range from $307,000-$409,000 — the median home price is $331,874.
Most of the housing in South Plainfield, New Jersey was built between 1940 and 1969 — in fact, 2% of the homes were constructed in this era. Roughly 12% of the homes were built before 1939, and 2% of the homes were built between 2000 and present.
The majority of homes in the area have 3-4 bedrooms (74%), and 23% of the homes have 0-2 bedrooms. Homes within the median price range in South Plainfield are typically homes with 2-3 bedrooms and 1-2 baths. These homes may or may not contain modern updates. However, for buyers looking for an older home in South Plainfield to add personal touches to, there are plenty of housing opportunities to choose from.
South Plainfield Utility Information
- Water & Sewer: 732-247-9379
- Electricity: 1-800-436-7734
- Gas: 732-993-9597
- Internet, Phone & Cable Television: 1-800-934-6489
- Waste Collection: 908-548-9000
South Plainfield City & Public Services
- Administrative Offices: 908-226-7602
- Animal Control: 732-388-9272
- City Hall: 908-754-9000
- Codes Administration: 908-226-7632
- Economic and Community Development: 908-754-9000
- Emergency Management Office: 908-226-7718
- Finance Department: 908-226-7602
- Fire Department: 908-226-7715
- Mayor's Office: 908-226-7601
- Police Department: 911 or Phone: 908-226-7676
- Parks and Recreation: 908-226-7713
- Library: 908-754-7885
South Plainfield School Information
- South Plainfield School District: 908-754-4620
The area is served by the South Plainfield Public School District and consists 8 schools, including Franklin Elementary School, South Plainfield High School, and South Plainfield Middle School. There are 3,638 students enrolled in the district.
South Plainfield Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase of a home in South Plainfield? Allow our New Jersey real estate specialists to guide you through the purchase of your new South Plainfield house or the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to South Plainfield real estate.
Connect with The Dekanski Home Selling Team to get more information about buyer or seller representation. Getting involved in the South Plainfield housing market? Visit our market analysis page to receive your South Plainfield free home evaluation instantly!
Search Homes For Sale in South Plainfield NJ
Back to Middlesex County Real Estate